At last month’s congregational meeting, the congregation overwhelmingly passed the 2013 budget. The discussion, which raised any number of valid points, focused on our need to grow as a congregation, so that we may support the work of our church.
Thus as we proceed with plans to grow, the Board will focus on how to maximize our potential. The current plan is to bring in a UUA- recommended consultant to help us with our strategic plan. Among the questions we need answered are:
- How can we attract new members?
- What are the best ways to keep members engaged and active?
- How can we best use our building to its fullest potential?
- Are there other sources of revenue of which we may not be aware?
- What is an appropriate level of debt for a congregation our size?
We expect the congregation to attend the sessions with the consultant and join in the dialogue.
This congregation has grown and changed so much over past decade. The Board appreciates the enthusiasm and generosity that is already evident; we hope to build on that in the coming year.
Cindy Gerlach Board President