Service to our church
One of the best ways to make connections to other people in the congregation is to work together . . . Whether or not you are a member, feel free to contact an event organizer or committee chair listed below to express your interest. You will be warmly welcomed!
- Board of Trustees: Mark Van Meeter
- Adult Religious Education: Sheila Garrett
- Program Council Facilitator: Cindy Gerlach email@example.com
- Adult Religious Exploration Council: Suzan Windnagel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Art Fair: Margy Deverall email@example.com
- Building Interior: Joe Hiscox firstname.lastname@example.org
- Committee on Ministry: Janice Thiel email@example.com
- Endowment: Amy French firstname.lastname@example.org
- Finance: Amy French email@example.com
- Forum: Tom McConville firstname.lastname@example.org
- or Bill Welge email@example.com
- Grounds: Rae Schnapp firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kitchen: Christine Schertz email@example.com
- Membership: Sherry Tripodi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominating: Gary Fowler email@example.com
- Pastoral Care: Linda LeMar firstname.lastname@example.org
- Public Relations: Martha Lempke email@example.com, Alice Pawley (website, Google+ and Facebook), firstname.lastname@example.org
- Plant Sale, Picnic: Lisa Pantea email@example.com
- Safe Congregation: Robin Poindexter firstname.lastname@example.org
- Service Auction: Julie Rubsam email@example.com
- Social Justice: Tom McConville firstname.lastname@example.org or Joan Marshall email@example.com
- Stewardship: Laura Geiger-Reed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Strategic Planning: Suzan Windnagel email@example.com
- Worship & Music: Bill Welge firstname.lastname@example.org
- Youth Religious Exploration Council: Gary Mueller email@example.com, Kathy Coder firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday Forum: Jim Anderson, Tom McConville, Bill Welge
- New Members Classes: Rev. Davis
- Youth Religious Exploration Council: contact Sheila Garrett
- Adult Religious Education Council: Suzan Windnagel
Fellowship opportunities (2013)
Everyone – from first-time visitors to lifetime members – is encouraged to join at least one group! This is a great way to get to know other church friends and members!
- Book Group. This group reads a variety of different types of books and usually meets on Sundays. Gale Charlotte, email@example.com.
- Digital Photography. This group generally meets on Sunday afternoons and members share tips and techniques. Caroline Barnhart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families with Kids. This group meets in family-friendly locations throughout the year. Josh Prokopy, email@example.com.
- Feminist Book Group. This group reads books (mostly fiction) written by women authors about strong female characters. Men are welcome! Usually meets on Friday evenings. Linda Prokopy firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Herbs Group. This group will be focusing on medicinal herbs in 2012-2013. Lisa Pantea email@example.com or JJ Rode firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If You Can Walk, You Can Dance. Members of this group will learn how to ballroom dance! There is a small fee for this group and proceeds will be donated to the church. Dorothy Hughes, email@example.com.
- Looking for Laughs. This group will go to funny movies, live shows, etc. Dorothy Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Men’s Night Out. Get together with other men to relax and make new friends. Mike Tripodi, email@example.com.
- Outdoor Group. Join in fun group outdoor outings. Activities may include hiking, canoeing, bird watching, etc. Rae Schnapp, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Quilting Bee/Fiber Arts. This group meets in room 101/103 immediately following service each second Sunday of the month. Amanda Estes, email@example.com
- Softball Team. This team plays together during the season and meets periodically during the off-season. Mike Tripodi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- UU Movie Group. This group watches movies together at church and at local movie theaters and gathers afterwards to discuss the movies. Joan Marshall email@example.com, Chuck Reynolds firstname.lastname@example.org, or Verna Ritz email@example.com.
- Women’s Night Out. Spend time with other women to chat and get to know each other better. Christine Schertz, firstname.lastname@example.org. Request to join Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/502474896468152/.
- Writers’ Group. This group meets to share and support each other in writing endeavors. They meet the first and third Mondays at 1:30 in Room 106. Caroline Barnhart, email@example.com.
To join a group, please contact the person listed. If you need a phone number, please contact Karin Bergman in the church office, 765-743-8812.