Service to our church
One of the best ways to make connections to other people in the congregation is to work together . . . Whether or not you are a member, feel free to contact an event organizer or committee chair listed below to express your interest. You will be warmly welcomed!
- Board of Trustees: Mark Van Meeter
- Adult Religious Education: Sheila Garrett
- Program Council Facilitator: Cindy Gerlach firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adult Religious Exploration Council: Suzan Windnagel email@example.com
- Art Fair: Margy Deverall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Building Interior: Joe Hiscox email@example.com
- Committee on Ministry: Janice Thiel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Endowment: Amy French email@example.com
- Finance: Amy French firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forum: Tom McConville email@example.com
- or Bill Welge firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grounds: Rae Schnapp email@example.com
- Kitchen: Christine Schertz firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership: Sherry Tripodi email@example.com
- Nominating: Gary Fowler firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pastoral Care: Linda LeMar email@example.com
- Public Relations: Martha Lempke firstname.lastname@example.org, Alice Pawley (website, Google+ and Facebook), email@example.com
- Plant Sale, Picnic: Lisa Pantea firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Congregation: Robin Poindexter email@example.com
- Service Auction: Julie Rubsam firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social Justice: Tom McConville email@example.com or Joan Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org
- Stewardship: Laura Geiger-Reed email@example.com
- Strategic Planning: Suzan Windnagel firstname.lastname@example.org
- Worship & Music: Bill Welge email@example.com
- Youth Religious Exploration Council: Gary Mueller firstname.lastname@example.org, Kathy Coder email@example.com
- Sunday Forum: Jim Anderson, Tom McConville, Bill Welge
- New Members Classes: Rev. Davis
- Youth Religious Exploration Council: contact Sheila Garrett
- Adult Religious Education Council: Suzan Windnagel
Fellowship opportunities (2013)
Everyone – from first-time visitors to lifetime members – is encouraged to join at least one group! This is a great way to get to know other church friends and members!
- Book Group. This group reads a variety of different types of books and usually meets on Sundays. Gale Charlotte, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Digital Photography. This group generally meets on Sunday afternoons and members share tips and techniques. Caroline Barnhart, email@example.com.
- Families with Kids. This group meets in family-friendly locations throughout the year. Josh Prokopy, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feminist Book Group. This group reads books (mostly fiction) written by women authors about strong female characters. Men are welcome! Usually meets on Friday evenings. Linda Prokopy email@example.com.
- Herbs Group. This group will be focusing on medicinal herbs in 2012-2013. Lisa Pantea firstname.lastname@example.org or JJ Rode email@example.com.
- If You Can Walk, You Can Dance. Members of this group will learn how to ballroom dance! There is a small fee for this group and proceeds will be donated to the church. Dorothy Hughes, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Looking for Laughs. This group will go to funny movies, live shows, etc. Dorothy Hughes, email@example.com.
- Men’s Night Out. Get together with other men to relax and make new friends. Mike Tripodi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Outdoor Group. Join in fun group outdoor outings. Activities may include hiking, canoeing, bird watching, etc. Rae Schnapp, email@example.com.
- Quilting Bee/Fiber Arts. This group meets in room 101/103 immediately following service each second Sunday of the month. Amanda Estes, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Softball Team. This team plays together during the season and meets periodically during the off-season. Mike Tripodi, email@example.com.
- UU Movie Group. This group watches movies together at church and at local movie theaters and gathers afterwards to discuss the movies. Joan Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org, Chuck Reynolds email@example.com, or Verna Ritz firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Women’s Night Out. Spend time with other women to chat and get to know each other better. Christine Schertz, email@example.com. Request to join Facebook page www.facebook.com/groups/502474896468152/.
- Writers’ Group. This group meets to share and support each other in writing endeavors. They meet the first and third Mondays at 1:30 in Room 106. Caroline Barnhart, firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join a group, please contact the person listed. If you need a phone number, please contact Karin Bergman in the church office, 765-743-8812.